This is an excellent opportunity to join Grazing Corporate & Event Catering as a Commis Chef. This is your opportunity to develop your skills in the contract catering and events world of London. Our team is constantly moving forward and has great opportunities for progression. We’re looking for a Commis Chef to join our friendly and professional team and someone who can embrace our company values of Fun, Wow and People. You will need to be a perfectionist with a desire to progress, with a positive work ethic and a passion for food.
- Prepare and cook sufficient food with minimum wastage
- Carry out the directions from the senior members of team, provide sufficient support
- To makes sure food is prepared to required food hygiene standards and procedures, checking for taste, presentation and quality
- Able to work quickly and efficiently with good consistency
- Assist in completion of relevant paperwork reproduction and wastage sheets, cleaning records etc
- Ensure the kitchen and service area are clean, tidy and attractive during service
- You should be able to work as a team member and have the flexibility to move from one station to another.
- Ideally you should have an NVQ Level 2 together with experience in a professional kitchen environment.
- At least one years’ experience in a professional kitchen is needed (restaurant / events or contract catering)
£8-9 per hour Benefits Include:
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Structured shift pattern
- Excellent opportunities to progress
- Perkbox – Discounts on high street stores, days out and cinema tickets
- 28 days’ holiday
- Cycle to work